Sunday, December 2, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

I thought I'd put my 30 Days of Thankfulness all in one place so I can go back and look at how good my God is whenever I want!

1: Grateful for such clear provision this year, in every little thing. Yahweh Yireh.


2: Grateful for God's Word, that reminds me what's True... and for my husband, who reminds me what God's Word says when I forget.


3: Grateful for wonderful friends like Kim, Heather, Jackie, Lauren, and Jess. I love the times we get to spend together!


4: Grateful to worship the Creator of the universe with brothers and sisters without fear.

5: Grateful that "Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her, that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that He might present the church to Himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish." (Ephesians 5:25-27)


6: Grateful for that conversation about God's character at the polls with my new friends. Praying for Him to make Himself known to them.


7: Grateful for a dinner with new friends yesterday and a dinner with old friends today.


8: Grateful for my husband. He is patient and servanthearted. He loves me unconditionally. He is a good listener and loves sacrificially. He reminds me what's true and helps me think wisely. He wants to grow and he leads us well. I'm so glad God gave me him.




9: Thankful for my friend Jeanne and her adorable baby girl. And for our apartment that's feeling more and more like home.


10: Grateful for progress on cleaning, shopping and organizing

11: Grateful that "You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." -Psalm 16:11


12: Grateful for Daniel LaBelle and his awesome photography skills. Grateful for the beautiful wedding day God gave us, and the beautiful photos we have of that day, so we can look back and remember what a sweet gift marriage is, and the Covenant it symbolizes.


13: Grateful for more than my daily bread at the soup/stew/chili potluck at Equity Creative today. My God is so creative and so good to us to have made so many different foods for us to eat.






14: Grateful for weekly date nights with my husband. Tonight's date: warm beverages and/or a game of Mancala and/or watching Lord of the Rings. Yay!


15: Grateful for my only-7-minute commute, and the ability to go home for lunch.

16: Grateful that God gives us wisdom and discernment through His Word. Grateful that He shows us what is True. Praying that we would more and more seek Him and not trust false gods. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight." Proverbs 9:10


17: Grateful for my adorable nephew (#2), who was born a year ago today. He's such a sweet gift to us and we love him bunches! Happy birthday, sweet Reesey-pie!


18: Grateful for Grandma and Grandpa Beem, 60 years of God's faithfulness in their marriage, the example that they've been to my husband of a faithful marriage, and the time we were able to spend with the family last night :)


19: Grateful for my slow cooker and the commencement of Christmas music.





20: Grateful that "the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new mevery morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:22-23)

21: Grateful for much-needed long weekends!


22: Grateful to my God for so, so much, especially for forgiving me and rescuing me from sin and eternal separation from Him. And, not only that, He's adopted me and made me His own!


23: Grateful for a day to get some of the things on the massive to-do list checked off—and to do it in a restful, liesurely fashion.


24: Grateful for another Thanksgiving day today, complete with my adorable nephews and my family's Bohemian stuffing. Grateful that I now have two wonderful families to celebrate with.


25: Grateful that God doesn't condemn me and is pleased by my efforts to please him, however feeble.


26: Grateful for naps.



27: Grateful for my sweet husband's undeserved forgiveness.

28: Even more grateful for my awesome God's undeserved forgiveness.


29: Grateful that this is true for all who trust in Jesus Christ: "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." (Rev. 21:3-4)


30: Grateful that the God of the universe loves us, and we can actually know Him! This just totally blows my mind.



What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment