Here's my modified recipe.
Apple Fruit Muffins, Translated & Modified
- 4 apples, peeled & grated
- 6 eggs
- 1-2/3 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2/3 c. coconut oil, canola oil, applesauce, or a combination
- 1 to 1-1/4 cup chopped dried strawberries, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 390°F (355°F convection).
- Whisk the eggs with the maple syrup, cinnamon and oil/applesauce.
- Grate the apples and stir into the egg mixture with the dried fruit pieces.
- Then fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon into greased silicone muffin cups, and bake for approximately 20-23 minutes, until golden and cooked in the center and passes the toothpick test.
Yields 14 muffins.